Saturday, August 22, 2009
Farm dinner series begins Sunday
TRUMANSBURG, NY -- The first event in the "Harvest Dinners On the Farm" series to support the Healthy Food For All program is set for this Sunday at Remembrance Farm near here.
Guests will congregate for a 5:30 p.m. reception, then dinner at 7 prepared by Chef Samantha Izzo from Simply Red Bistro at Sheldrake Point Vineyards and La Tourelle Resort and Spa, accompanied by wines from the Damiani Wine Cellars.
The cost is $75 per person. All proceeds go to providing low-income community members with access to fresh produce from local farms, as well as free nutrition and cooking classes.
The second dinner in the series, to be held September 13 at Sweet Land Farm near Trumansburg, already is sold out. The remaining schedule:
• Sunday, September 20: Early Morning Farm, Genoa. Food by Chef Sean O'Brian of Serendipity Catering (former chef-owner of Willow Restaurant), with wine poured by Bet the Farm Wines.
• Sunday, October 11: Stick and Stone Farm, Ithaca. Food by Chef Hans Butler from Watercress, with wine poured by Hosmer Winery.
• Sunday, November 8: West Haven Farm, Ecovillage, Ithaca. Food by Chef Jen Irwin from Just a Taste and Stan Walton from Crystal Lake Cafe with beverages from Ithaca Beer.
Reservations information is available online.
ON THE WEB
• Healthy Food for All Program
• Catskills Farm Dinner Series
• Dowd's Guides
Posted by William M. Dowd at 2:21 PM